Career progression is a priority for all professionals and it is a journey we will take with you. We offer a genuine career path for
talented professionals, with seven of our eight current Directors making their start in the business as a graduate or trainee.
Professional development is a priority in our workplace and we are proud to be a Recognised Employer Partner of CPA Australia, which is
testament to our high quality internal training.
At McConachie Stedman, we offer a comprehensive Graduate Program aimed at developing your ability to practically apply your tertiary
knowledge into real world situations, build your professional network, grow your knowledge and determine your interest in different
In addition to our in-house training programs, our graduates are supported through their CA or CPA studies, with paid study breaks and
financial reimbursement for any subjects they complete while in their graduate role with the firm.
What are we looking for?
We currently have multiple full-time graduate roles on offer in our Toowoomba office. To be successful in your application, you will need to
either have a Bachelor Degree in Commerce or Business, with an Accounting major, or be close to graduating. Additionally you should have:
- An understanding of accounting principles and standards;
- An understanding of income tax and GST;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft software including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Familiarity with various accounting software packages including Xero, MYOB and Reckon;
- Willingness to complete general administration tasks including data entry, filing, mail, scanning etc from time to time;
- Good time management skills;
- Demonstrated professionalism, including exercising confidentiality and discretion; and
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills.
What can McConachie Stedman offer you?
At McConachie Stedman, we value our team members, and offer a range of workplace and lifestyle benefits designed to ease the cost of living
and promote a happy work / life balance. Having a happy and healthy working environment is a priority we stand by. While working with us
you will have access to:
- A competitive salary based on experience;
- Supportive Directors and team environment;
- Opportunity for flexible working hours;
- Ongoing training and development opportunities;
- Salary sacrifice, and complimentary in-house retirement planning;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Opportunity for reimbursement of CPA or CA education costs;
- Corporate rate gym membership with Goodlife Gyms;
- Complimentary membership to employee discount program; and
In-house social benefits including, End of Financial Year Party, regular social events, paid volunteer time and complimentary breakroom
About the Business
At McConachie Stedman, we understand that your choice of employer is an important one and an investment in your future. Our firm has a rich
history of over 70 years working across Queensland with offices in Toowoomba, Clayfield, Crows Nest, St George and now in Melbourne. We
place a high value on our people and are proud of their complementary blend of skills across taxation, business advisory, audit,
financial planning, superannuation and corporate services areas.
We invest time and resources into ensuring our people understand the culture, values, systems and processes that make us who we are.
Please note: Applications will be assessed as they are received. Please apply by submitting your application by
emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com