At McConachie Stedman, we understand that your choice of employer is an important one and an investment in your career. Our firm has a rich history of 70 years working across Queensland and is the largest, locally owned accounting firm on the Darling Downs. We place a high value on our people and are proud of their complementary blend of skills across taxation, business advisory, audit, financial planning, superannuation and corporate services areas.
Join the team!
We understand that your next career move is an important one and at McConachie Stedman, we offer opportunities to develop your skills, grow as a professional and work with clients to achieve their goals.
View our list of opportunities below.
Intermediate to Senior Accountant
About the business
McConachie Stedman is a leading, locally owned accounting, advisory and audit firm, and a recognised CPA Employer Partner. With offices in Toowoomba, Brisbane and Melbourne, our team pride themselves on delivering exceptional client service to both businesses and individuals, and place a high value on our people and culture.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an ambitious Tax Accountant at a highly experienced intermediate level seeking to step into a senior role within the next few years. Based in the Toowoomba CBD, this full-time role is well suited to a motivated professional with a passion for tax and small business. Working within a dedicated team with a complimentary blend of experience, the suitable candidate will be an expert communicator, enjoy complex and challenging work, and be confident in nurturing client relationships.
About the role
You will be responsible for performing a diverse range of duties including but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of Financial Statements, Income Tax Returns, Fringe Benefits Tax Returns and BAS statements to enable clients to meet compliance requirements;
- Assisting clients with general enquiries relating to their business and individual circumstances;
- Liaising with regulatory bodies such as the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) when required to assist with queries on client accounts and various other matters;
- Assisting with overview of client’s businesses through preparation and analysis of cash flow, management and budgeting reports; and
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
Benefits and perks
- A competitive salary and flexible career path;
- Challenging client assignments in a variety of industries;
- Complimentary in house financial planning and investment advice;
- Access to both CA and CPA mentors in house;
- Annual CPD allowance for CA and CPA qualified staff;
- Support of ongoing post graduate studies including study leave and reimbursement of CA and CPA fees upon successful completion of units;
- Supportive Directors and a great team environment;
- Flexible working hours;
- Mother’s room for mum’s to express or breastfeed during work hours;
- Corporate rate gym membership;
- Employee Well Being Program; and
- Reward Gateway Leisure and Lifestyle subscription for grocery, travel and gift card discounts.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor of Accounting/Commerce;
- Strong knowledge of Australian tax law;
- Strong time-management skills;
- Commenced or working towards CA/CPA;
- Experienced in using MYOB, XERO and Reckon;
- Proficient ability to use standard programs such as Microsoft suite of programs including Excel and PDF editing programs; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Are you interested in a career with McConachie Stedman? Email us your resume or give us a call on 1300 363 866.
Our HR team welcomes your call for a confidential discussion about our opportunities.
We provide career opportunities in:
Self Managed Superannuation
Staff BenefitsAt McConachie Stedman we value our team members, offering a range of workplace and lifestyle benefits designed to ease the cost of living and ensure a happy work / life balance. Having a happy and healthy working environment is a priority we stand by.
Lifestyle benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Employee well being program
- 9.5% super and complimentary retirement planning in-house