McConachie Stedman have an exciting opportunity available for an ambitious Tax Accountant at an intermediate level. Based in our
Toowoomba office, this full-time role is well suited to a motivated professional with a passion for tax and small business.
Working within a dedicated team with a complementary blend of experience, the suitable candidate will be an expert communicator, enjoy
complex and challenging work, and be confident in nurturing client relationships. In return, McConachie Stedman offers a genuine career path
for talented professionals, and sees this role as a stepping stone to a senior position within a couple of years.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a diverse range of duties including but not limited to the following:
Preparation of Financial Statements, Income Tax Returns, Fringe Benefits Tax Returns and BAS statements to enable clients to meet compliance
- Assisting clients with general enquiries relating to their business and individual circumstances;
Liaising with regulatory bodies such as the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) when required to assist with queries on client accounts
and various other matters;
Assisting with overview of client's businesses through preparation and analysis of cash flow, management and budgeting reports; and
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
To be successful in your application and this role, you will need:
- Bachelor of Accounting/Commerce;
- Strong knowledge of Australian tax law;
- Strong time-management skills;
- Qualified CA/CPA or near completion;
- Experienced in using MYOB, Xero and Reckon;
- Proficient ability to use standard programs such as Microsoft Suite including Excel and PDF editing programs; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
What can McConachie Stedman offer you?
At McConachie Stedman, we value our team members, and offer a range of workplace and lifestyle benefits designed to ease the cost of living
and promote a happy work / life balance. Having a happy and healthy working environment is a priority we stand by. While working with us you
will have access to:
- A competitive salary based on experience;
- Supportive Directors and team environment;
- Flexible working hours;
- Ongoing training and development opportunities;
- Salary sacrifice and in-house retirement planning options;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Dedicated Mothers room to support our working mums in their return to work;
- Corporate rate gym membership;
- Complimentary membership to employee discount program, Reward Gateways; and
In-house social benefits including End of Financial Year Party, team lunches, family days, paid volunteer days and complimentary break
About the Business
At McConachie Stedman, we understand that your choice of employer is an important one and an investment in your future. Our firm has a rich
history of over 70 years working across Queensland with offices in Toowoomba, Clayfield, Redcliffe, Crows Nest and St George. We place a
high value on our people and are proud of their complementary blend of skills across taxation, business advisory, audit, financial planning,
superannuation and corporate services areas.
We invest time and resources into ensuring our people understand the culture, values, systems and processes that make us who we are.
Please note: Applications will be assessed as they are received. Please apply by submitting your resume and cover
letter to email@example.com.